Message from the River
Leave behind the stresses of everyday life to reconnect with yourself and the natural world in the wonderful small mountain town of Hot Springs, NC, at the peaceful Laughing Heart Lodge. Possibilities for exploration during the weekend are floating or rafting on the French Broad River, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, soaking in the hot mineral waters, treating yourself to a massage, or simply lying in the hammock reading a book. The weekend will have a balance of meditations, yoga practices, group meals, and free time.
The theme of this summer retreat is “The Message From the River.” The river being the French Broad which originates in the nearby mountains. Few outsiders realize that the
French Broad the the third oldest river in the world. Only the Nile and the New River, which also flows through NC, predate it. The French Broad is older than the mountains in which it finds itself! Think of the secrets this river holds from itʼs journey through time!
“The river speaks to you, the river teaches you to listen, the river is the voice of life, a voice of being, a voice of becoming……”
Come join us for a weekend of adventure as we not only explore the actual river, but discover the flow of that inner river that flows within ourselves.
Friday, July 26th – Sunday, July 28th, 2013.
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM | Check-in
- 7:00 PM | Dinner in the Laughing Heart Dining Room
- 8:30 PM | Light Yoga and Meditation in the Chapel
- 9:00 PM | Bonfire (weather permitting)
- 7:00 AM | Coffee and Tea
- 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM | Yoga Practice in the Chapel – Finding the Flow of Your Inner River
- 9:45 AM | Brunch in the Dining Room
- 11:00 AM | Guided Float Trip on the Frend Broad River and/or personal activities
- 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM | Social Hour
- 7:00 PM | Group Dinner at Iron Horse Station
- 8:30 AM | Light Breakfast
- 9:30 – 10:30 AM | Yoga Practice in the Chapel – Maintaining the Flow of Your Inner River
- Noon | Check out
$155, includes all but Saturday night dinner at Iron Horse Station and the cost of lodging. Call for room information and reservations.
Karen at (828)622.0165 to secure a reservation.